Domotex Hannover 2023 highlights will be our topic today. Domotex Hannover is the world’s leading trade show for floor coverings, held once a year and open only to commercial guests. National and international exhibitors presented their new collections and trends for the next season at the world’s largest trade fair for rugs and floor coverings of all kinds. The Domotex fair was held in Hanover from January 12 to 15, 2023, and today we’ll cover the trade show highlights.
Domotex Hannover 2023
Domotex Hannover 2023 came to an end on January 15 after four exciting days. This year’s event was distinguished by its sustainability, internationality, and visitor quality. Domotex 2023 was a great success, according to exhibitors, visitors, and organizers.
Domotex Hannover 2023: Inspiring Special Displays
Floored By Nature
The main subject Floored By Nature came to life at the special display area THE GREEN COLLECTION in Hall 23: with remarkable stagings and new goods, architects, interior designers, designers, influencers, and the press are particularly drawn here. Focusing on current concerns such as resource scarcity, sustainability, and health, as well as new market opportunities and fostering a new value awareness.
Positioned in the “Rugs area” alongside the Carpet Design Award Forum, in Mood Spaces, five renowned worldwide designers (Holly Becker, STUDIO BESAU-MARGUERRE, Marc Braun, Peter Fehrentz, and Sebastian Herkner) shared insights into their planned space settings, which include contemporary living trends and inspiration.
Carpet Design Awards
The Carpet Design Awards are the international competition for outstanding carpet design and are presented yearly during DOMOTEX; this will be its 18th year. The Carpet Design Awards are an international acknowledgment for quality and design brilliance in hand-made carpets and rugs.
- Category 1: Best Studio Artist Design – “Homage to Maria Lai” by Joias, designed by Stefania Spanu
- Category 2: Best Modern Design Superior – AAD…Enclosure of Life
- Category 3: Best Modern Design Deluxe – Ashtari Carpets bvba
- Category 4: Best Transitional Design – Talisman Hand-knotted by Wendy Morrison Design
- Category 5: Best Flatweave Design – Tulu by Manglam Arts
- Category 6: Best Collection – Trails Collection by Sebastian Herkner by M2Rugs
- Category 7: Best Interior – Emily Forgot – Modular (Amity) by FLOOR_STORY
- Category 8: Sustainability Award – Taufa by Jaipur Rugs
BODEN SCHÄTZE – Textiles on the Ground and Underfoot
The students’ collaborative effort aimed to capture a wide range of sensory perceptions in color ideas and transform them into knitted textiles. Individual steps from the creative process are shown in the BODEN SCHÄTZE exhibition, from design through pattern development to the completed carpet. From appliqué to dyeing processes, yarn production, re-, and upcycling, embroidery, knitting, and tufting, to carpet knotting and weaving, the technical spectrum is extensive.
Domotex On Stage
Domotex On Stage provides an in-depth understanding of the issues of sustainable design. Speakers from politics, associations, interior design, architecture, and trade will explore future topics.
The Domotex Hannover 2023 is one of the most important gathering places for business relationships and ideas, with four main topics:
- Eco.Friendly Products (Organic & ethically sourced materials | recycled & upcycled)
- Healthy Products (Low-emission products)
- Sustainable Production (Non-polluting, energy-saving manufacturing processes)
- Social Responsibility (An active stand against child & forced labor | Social-ethical responsibility | Fair Trade)
Trade visitors, 69% of whom came from abroad, were able to discover new technologies and trends and make new business contacts with more than 730 exhibitors in eight halls during the four-day world’s premier carpet and floor covering trade expo. The Domotex Hannover 2023 was indeed a great success, and many exhibitors have already confirmed their presence in 2024.
See also: Living Room Rugs: A Step-By-Step Guide
What did you think about this article on Domotex Hannover 2023: The Highlights From The Flooring Trade Show? Stay updated with the best news about trends, interior design tips, and furniture luxury brands. Feel free to share your thoughts by leaving a comment and contact us by filling out this form. You’ll be the first to hear about our news! Follow us on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook, and Linkedin for more inspiration!